This super yummy recipe comes from Aldo Carlino of Victoria, one of our What’s Cooking long time community members. His Spaghetti Briganti is super simple!
- 4 really ripe tomatoes or
- 2 really ripe tomatoes + 1 punet of cherry tomatoes
- (peeled, chopped and drained of excess water)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 – 6 basil leaves roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- good drizzle of olive oil
- prawns (optional)
- Mix tomato, basil, garlic, salt and olive oil together.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- When pasta has 2 minutes to go. Place tomato mixture into a hot frying pan and cook quickly stirring often. (If using prawns add them at this stage)
- Drain pasta, divide amongst serving plates and top with cooked tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with chili and grated cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately