Prep time: 8 minutes Cooking time: 3-4 hours
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 30ml olive oil
- finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1.8kg shoulder of lamb
- 400g can ARDMONA Rich & Thick, Basil & Garlic
- 200ml white wine
- crispy roast potatoes, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Remove leaves from rosemary sprigs and finely chop. Combine with oil, lemon and seasonings.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits into the lamb . Rub the rosemary mixture thoroughly over the lamb. Place into a baking dish and pour in the tomatoes and wine.
- Cover lamb well and place into the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 170°C. Cook for 3-4 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes prior to serving with potatoes.