In our culinary garden here at Chefmasterclasses.com, we just harvested a huge amount of beautiful basil. I LOVE the smell (and taste) of basil and couldn’t bear the thought of any of it going to waste. So I got out my food processor and made the easiest, and yummiest pesto.
- 2 – 3 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (I prefer Cobram Estate Lemon infused)
- 1/3 mixed nuts. (Traditionally you’d use pine nuts – but I like the variety of flavours & textures from using mixed nuts).
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Place everything into the food processor and blitz until it is paste-like, but make sure you leave some texture to it.