- 5 yolks
- 135g sugar
- 25 ml Baileys
- 25 ml Frangelico
- 250 mL cream
- 350 g mascarpone
- Savioradi (sponge finger) biscuits – 2 biscuits per serve
- Whip the yolks until light in colour, meanwhile bring sugar with a little water to 121 degrees, pour in the sugar syrup slowly making sure to avoid the whisk. Beat until cold.
- Then whip mascarpone into egg mix.
- Add liqueurs, tip into bowl.
- Whip cream and fold into egg mix.
- 65g Ground Coffee
- 1L Water
- 250 g Sugar
- Bring to the boil the coffee and water.
- Pass through coffee filter and return to pot.
- Add sugar and reduce by ?? until syrupy, you will end up with about a cupful that can be used for these and then stored in fridge for next time you make it!
- ¼ pkt Amoretti biscuits
- 80g cocoa powder
- 40 g ground coffee
- Blitz amoretti in robot coupe then add cocoa powder and coffee.
- Store in an airtight container.
SOAKING COFFEE LIQUOR:
- Water 1lt
- Ground coffee 125g
- Sugar 100g
- Bring everything to the boil and sieve.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Soak sponge finger biscuits in coffee liquor one by one and ring out with clean hands. Separate each biscuit into two little blobs and put in the bottom of a serving glass.
- Spoon in a couple of tablespoons of mousse and then repeat with soaked biscuit again and another layer of mousse.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of coffee syrup around the rim of the inside of the glass so it drips down .These can be put in the fridge like this. Pull out of fridge about a half an hour before serving and dust with tiramisu topping just before serving.
THE PERFECT MATCH:
De Bortoli Show Liqueur Muscat
A rich and luscious palate exploding with rich Muscat flavours of raisins, figs, dates, toffee and caramel. Sweetness balanced with some vanillin oak notes make for a lovely lingering finish.