- 500 g Pasta Classica spaghetti – homemade or store bought fresh
- 100 ml good quality extra virgin oil (Cobram Estate is fantastic)
- 2 -3 depending on size cloves garlic and one birds eye chilli, no seed- finely chopped
- ½ bunch chopped flat leaf Parsely
- 3 Ortiz Anchovies
- Salt and pepper (I always use Olssons salt)
Ian’s Tip – The trick here is to get everything ready first and then you can cook your pasta and make the simple “sauce” at the same time and serve immediately
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water – stir as not to stick, and keep checking it as often packet suggested cooking times are too long.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan until just warm and add garlic, chilli and anchovies and cook gently but without browning garlic and until anchovies break up.
- Keep warm
- Drain pasta when cooked and put immediately into oil mixture and toss , add chopped parsley and season very liberally with freshly cracked pepper and salt ( You may not need to much because of the anchovies)
- Serve straight away !
Ian’s Tip – I offer a Parmesan or Pecorino to my guests and Microplane over the pasta at the table
THE PERFECT MATCH
2014 De Bortoli Vinoque Nebbiolo Rose – Yarra Valley
The 2014 vintage produced fruit of balance and purity. Savoury, mushroom and mouth filling morello cherry like flavours with crisp acidity and textural tannins.