- 125 g good quality butter (not fridge cold, just soft)
- 250 g flour
- 1 egg – cold
- Cold water
Ian’s Tip – half fat to flour ratio!
- You can do this by hand or in a little blender.
- Either mix butter into flour with hands or pulse in blender until just sandy
- Add whisked egg and either pulse again or mix in with hands until just combined
- Add about a tablespoon of cold water and again pulse or mix until JUST combined
- Knead with hands just until smooth and better to rest for a minimum of an hour before rolling