- 8 thick slices of Sourdough, preferably a day or two old
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- butter , for frying
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- maple syrup, to serve
- Whisk eggs, cream, milk, sugar and cinnamon together in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium to high heat and fry bacon until crispy. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Soak two or three slices of bread at a time for a few minutes each.
- In the same fry pan add a knob of butter and fry slices of bread for a few minutes on each side, until golden.
- Serve French toast with bacon and maple syrup drizzled over the top.